Anonymous

Can taking Lithium cause night sweats?

Sorry, from the search I did, I could not find any information that included night sweats as a side effect of taking lithium. http://www.drugs.com/sfx/lithium-side-effects.html

However, it should be noted

"... Taking this medication can make it easier for you to become dehydrated, especially if you have any vomiting or diarrhea, if you are outdoors in the sun, or if you exercise vigorously or sweat more than usual. Dehydration can increase some of the side effects of lithium.
Drink extra fluids each day to keep from getting dehydrated while you are taking lithium. Tell your doctor if you have been sweating excessively, or if you are sick with fever, vomiting, or diarrhea for more than a few hours.

To be sure this medication is not causing harmful effects, your kidney function will need to be tested on a regular basis. Do not miss any scheduled visits to your doctor... "

Anonymous 16 Aug 2009

Thank you much!