Can taking augmentin high dose for bilateral ear infections cause a yeast infection?

Hi Ichia66,
Any antibiotic can cause yeast over run. If you call your doc, he/she may prescribe Diflucan, which will kill the yeast. Have you tried any natural remedies, such as eating yogurt or taking Acidopholus? Acidopholus comes in a capsule forn, and can be purchased at any pharmacy or supermarket.
Also, you might want to avoid all dairy products while taking Augmentin (other than yogurt).
Best wishes, hope you feel fine very soon.

Hey Ichia,

As sweetlemon said the yeast infection from taking an antibiotic is relatively common. You can go to the drug store in the feminine hygiene section and get over the counter remedies for this. It is called Monistat or Vagistat, I think. It comes in a one day, 3 day or 7 day dosage and varies accordingly in price.

Best wishes,

Anonymous 7 May 2011

Yes, get the Monistat... STAT!!!

sorry, but if there is an opportunity to make a lame joke, I cannot pass it up.