Can second hand marijuanna smoke cause you to fail a drug test?

No, that is almost impossible. However, there are other substances that can cause a false positive for THC including some medicines.

beanmarie 18 Jan 2011

I love you sis, but this time I respectively disagree. Several years ago, I was taken to the emergency room because of an illness I have and I was very lethargic, really out of it. In my town, when you "present" like that, they do an automatic drug screening. I do not, have not, and will not use pot, but my test came back positive, because I am next to my guy every night when he uses (smokes) his medicinal, prescribed pot to help with the pain that he suffers. I would not have thought it possible, but my test came back positive, and my doctor about layed an egg. I explained to her but she did not believe me. She said "The tests don't lie." So I have first hand knowledge and obviously, the results of that test did give a false positive. Also, my daughter used pot many years ago, and her children tested positive; both of them.

pridewar12 18 Jan 2011

It is highly unlikely

100% NO! No no no no no no, unless u were in the smallest car ever with all the windows rolled up and 2 of ur friends were blazing 9 blunts while they took u to the drug test. And even then no

oxyaaron 19 Jan 2011

Sorry but you are off on this one, it can most definetly get into second hand, and if you arent outside there is a very good chance it will.

beanmarie 26 Jan 2011

thanks oxyaaron, Nice to find someone else with an open mind. As I said, it happened three times in my family, so as I see it, better safe than sorry.