Can riomet (biguanides) be used to treat obesity?

Anonymous

Hi, the answer to your question is no... sorry. Riomet is not designed to treat obesity... it is made for type 2 diabetes

Weight Loss and Metformin: An Overview

Metformin (Glucophage) is a prescription medication licensed for the treatment of type 2 diabetes. The drug is commonly thought to cause weight loss, although studies have shown mixed results.

Any type 2 diabetes treatment begins with lifestyle changes (such as weight loss, a diabetic diet, and exercise). If lifestyle changes alone are not effective at managing diabetes, diabetes medications, such as metformin, may be necessary.

READ THE FOLLOWING... please from a caring individual

Anonymous

NO