Can regular Ibuprofen use cause liver cancer?

Anonymous

Rarely, ibuprofen can cause damage to the liver. If you notice nausea, tiredness, itching, tenderness below the right side of your rib cage, flu-like symptoms, or yellowing of the skin or eyes (jaundice), stop the medicine and call your doctor right away.

I think you should know the following about this medication.

People who take high doses of ibuprofen on a regular basis are three times more likely to experience gastrointestinal (GI) bleeding than those who do not take painkillers. Results of a small, retrospective analysis published today in the American Gastroenterological Association (AGA) journal Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology show that significant GI bleeding can be observed as early as three days after starting an ibuprofen regimen in otherwise healthy people--giving credence to the belief that high doses of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), no matter the safety profile, are likely to cause gastrointestinal bleeding that can be harmful to the digestive system.

Take care