Can novocain test positive for cocaine?

Hello lillove96. I do not believe so. Best of wishes and health to you, pledge

kingjr_kts 31 Jul 2013

LOCAL ANESTHETICS

Amino Esters (test positive)
-Novacaine (Procaine) no longer used in the US
-Cocaine (benzoylmethylecgonine) is controlled internationally by Single Convention on Narcotic Drugs (Schedule I, preparation in Schedule III).

Amino Amides (test negative)
-Lidocaine (Xylocaine) is also used as a diluent to street drugs such as cocaine and heroin
-Marcaine or Sensocaine (Bupivacaine)

STIMULANTS

-Epinephrine (adrenaline or adrenalin) is added to injectable forms of a number of local anesthetics, such as bupivacaine and lidocaine, as a vasoconstrictor to slow the absorption and, therefore, prolong the action of the anesthetic agent