Can novocain test positive for cocaine?

Hello lillove96. I do not believe so. Best of wishes and health to you, pledge

kingjr_kts 31 Jul 2013

LOCAL ANESTHETICS

Amino Esters (test positive)
-Novacaine (Procaine) no longer used in the US
-Cocaine (benzoylmethylecgonine) is controlled internationally by Single Convention on Narcotic Drugs (Schedule I, preparation in Schedule III).

Amino Amides (test negative)
-Lidocaine (Xylocaine) is also used as a diluent to street drugs such as cocaine and heroin
-Marcaine or Sensocaine (Bupivacaine)

STIMULANTS

-Epinephrine (adrenaline or adrenalin) is added to injectable forms of a number of local anesthetics, such as bupivacaine and lidocaine, as a vasoconstrictor to slow the absorption and, therefore, prolong the action of the anesthetic agent

TheMerryPrankster 7 days ago

I mean no offense, but I do question the point of posting a reply like this. It sounds like you're saying no, when you're actually saying you haven't a clue while concurrently leaving your opinion. It's hard enough to find reliable, factual, unbiased information about drugs, so we should avoid polluting the knowledge pool with redundant unsubstantiated opinion. My suggestion is that if you do not know with relative certainty or a valid reference, the answer to a posed question, then say nothing.