Can Mirena cause joint pain?

Mirena and joint pains have not been reported, however it does unfortunately cause as its side effects the following:

Abdominal Pain (stomach pain)
Back pain
Breast pain

If you think its too bothersome, you may seek advice to alter/change the dose, please.

Take care, be safe & well, best wishes!

RLeigh 30 Oct 2013

I beleive it does cause joint pain. I had my mirena for 2 years of that I had hip and joint pain for 1.5 years. I had the mirena removed because it was causing bleeding and suddenly my joint pain disappeared. Google Mirena and joint pain, you are not alone. The maker of mirena is just not sharing this side effect.