Can I wear the Nicotine patch and start to take Chantix as well?

Chantix is a prescription medication used to help people stop smoking. Unlike many other medications used for this purpose, this medication does not contain nicotine.

The nicotine patch is a nonprescription medication used to help people stop smoking. It helps reduce nicotine withdrawal symptoms that occur when people stop smoking cigarettes.

Why should you want to use both in one go? The function/results of either the Nicotine Patch or Chantix is same, the only difference is that one is a non-prescription med & the other is prescribed, besides having different side effects.

Would recommend you choose the one which is most suited to your system, taking to a doc maybe more helpful.

Take care, be well, & wish you the best in your efforts to quit smoking, I was a smoker for over 35 years and quit without any aid of medicines one fine day.

NancyEloise 19 May 2014

While I appreciate your informative comments, please know that not all of us are able to quit smoking without help. But I wish I was!!

They are not supposed to be used together.

Dear Gypsy... you would be defeating the purpose of taking nicotine if taking it with Chantix. Chantix is a very cool drug and one that has had the greatest effect in helping individuals quit smoking... although it does have some untoward side effects in some people.
Chantix actually attaches to the same receptor sight as nicotine... so, if you take Chantix and then take nicotine the nicotine will have no place to attach, therefore having absolutely no affect at all... you would be wasting your money taking both drugs. Chantix is much more successful than nicotine. They are two completely different drugs.