Can I use clobetasol propionate cream for poison ivy?

Clobetasol is a cortisone type med that is mainly used to treat psoriasis. I'm not sure if it would help poison ivy. Poison ivy does respond to cortisone as far as itching goes. I dont think it would hurt you to try it, if it what you have on hand. You might be better served with some OTC hydrocortisone though. With either med, wash the area with soap and water, pat dry gently and apply a THIN layer of cream to the affected area up to 2-3 times a day. If the poison ivy lesions are very bad or cover a large area, you are better off going to the Dr for a Medrol pack.

Trader1 17 days ago

My dermatologist gave me a Rx for Clobetasol Propionate .05% cream specifically for my poison ivy. Over the counter EVERYTHING did not work and this cleared it up in 2-3 days. My answer to your question would be ABSOLUTELY!