Can I use cipro for toothache?

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) is a prescription antibiotic medication that belongs to a group of drugs called fluoroquinolones, or just "quinolones" for short.

Cipro is approved to treat a variety of different infections, including: Urinary tract infections (UTIs), commonly called "bladder infections"; Kidney infections; Prostate infections; Pneumonia; Bronchitis; Sinus infections; Infections of the skin and surrounding tissue; Severe infections within the abdomen (stomach); Diarrhea (when it is caused by bacteria); Bone and joint infections; Gonorrhea; Typhoid fever.