Can I take Bactrim DS for a toothache? will it work on a tooth?

Bactrim DS is usually indicated for UTI's from E. Coli, Otitis Media in people who cant take penicillin, Chronic bronchitis or Upper Respiratory Infection, Travelers diarrhea, and for pneumonia caused by Pneumocytis jiroveci (carinii). Not usually for tooth abcess. Call your dentist ASAP.

Bactrim is as she said it is sulfa and is used for a lot of Urinary tract infections and others as she mentioned but you do need to at least be evaluated by the dentist in order to see about an antibiotic and then see what he thinks should be done I hope this helps