Can I stop taking nexium cold turkey after being on it for a couple of years?

For Nexium to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. The medication will not work if you stop taking it. Take care, please do talk to your doc/pharmacist who prescribed the med before you cold turkey.

I don't think you will have a problem quitting nexium, except you probably still need some kind of acid reducer. If this is about money, have your doctor prescribe something else or maybe he has some samples to get you through. My gastroenterologist told me that I would have to be on some sortof acid reducer the rest of my life. but once again asking a professional is the best way to handle your question. Good luck, Sweetpea