Can I still give my 22 month old zyrtec and Tylenol while he is taking Tamiflu?

Anonymous

Interactions between your selected drugs

No results found - however, this does not necessarily mean no interactions exist. ALWAYS consult with your doctor or pharmacist.

Other drugs that your selected drugs interact with

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) interacts with 5 other drugs.
Tylenol (acetaminophen) interacts with more than 70 other drugs.
Zyrtec (cetirizine) interacts with more than 200 other drugs.

Interactions between your selected drugs and food

Please do ask your baby´s Pediatritian before you give him / her more medications, although no interactions exist, as you know babies are very delicate.-

All the best and take care.-

While there are no interactions between these drugs, I have to ask are you treating the flu or a cold? Is your baby running a fever? How long has the baby been sick? Tamiflu is for viral infection while zyrtec, an antihistamine, is for allergies or cold symptoms.

If this has been going on for awhile you may need to go back to the doctor that gave you the tamiflu and see if this sickness is bacterial rather than viral. You may need an antibiotic is what I am concerned about. Better to know what you are dealing with to avoid further complications especially because it is a baby.

Hope this helps,

Laurie

Anonymous 1 Feb 2011

You are a star.-

LaurieShay 1 Feb 2011

gee thanks, Maso :)

even though these medications might not have interaction problems noted it is beeter that you be sure the pediatrician or family doctor is aware of these medications just as I said to be on the safe side, I hope he is better soon best wishes,