Can I do strenuous exercise while taking corgard?

Corgard (nadolol) is a prescription medication approved to treat high blood pressure (known medically as hypertension) and angina (chest pain due to inadequate blood supply to the heart).

Corgard belongs to a group of drugs called beta-adrenergic blocking agents, more often known as beta blockers. These meds block beta receptors in the body. Beta receptors are located in a number of places within the body, including the heart and blood vessels. Stress hormones (such as adrenaline) bind to these receptors and cause certain reactions in the body, such as:

* Increased heart rate
* Increased force with which the heart pumps blood
* Higher blood pressure (both systolic blood pressure and diastolic blood pressure)
* Constricted blood vessels.