Can Flovent have a side effect of osteoporosis?

Yes, corticosteroid therapy may cause osteoporosis (more with oral dosing).

Long term usage of higher doses of inhaled corticosteroids (beclomethasone, budesonide, fluticasone(Flovent)) also have the potential to cause reduction in bone mineral density, which may predispose patients to osteoporosis.

nail polish 30 Sep 2009

thanks for answering me. Now I am taking Spiriva which has a side effect of Glaucoma in some people. that's pretty scarey. i was only taking 44 mgs of flovent inhaler. the Spiriva seems to work better but I feeel funny on it.
anyway thanks for answering.
ellen