Can Emla cream be used as treatment for premature ejaculation?

No, Emla cream can't be used to treat premature ejaculation.

Emla is a local anesthetic (numbing medication). It works by blocking nerve signals in your body.

http://www.drugs.com/emla.html

The short answer is yes, though there are other treatments available which may work better. You should ideally talk to your doctor to find the treatment that best suits you personally.

EMLA cream contains lidocaine and prilocaine, both of which are local anaesthetics. Topical local anaesthetic preparations (available as creams and sprays) are commonly used by men to self-treat premature ejaculation, and are also used recreationally by men without such problems. When applied as directed they numb the skin of the penis, which may help prolong the time between initiation of intercourse and ejaculation.

That being said, the primary method for treating premature ejaculation is psychosexual therapy (a type of behavioural therapy which may also involve physical therapy), possibly combined with SSRI treatment. Your doctor will be able to explain threatment options in more detail.