Can Dovonex be used on the face?

This from http://www.drugs.com/dovonex.html

"... Do not apply Dovonex to eyes, mouth, face, mucous membranes, open sores, or irritated skin. "

This is because Dovonex is highly likely to cause irritation.

Rom1 10 Jul 2010

I was prescribed this cream by a Doctor... specifically for my face!!!

After using it for a couple of days, it really feels as if I've suffered a really bad sunburn. So I decided to check on the internet and found your post... I've just washed my face but it still hurts... I really don't know what to do...

I can't believe a doctor would be so dumb as to prescribe this to me. When I went to pick up the drug, the pharmacist explicitly asked me on which part of my body I meant to use it and he didn't even say a thing when I answered it was for my face...