Can desonide ointment get rid of ringworm?

Desonide is a moderately potent steroid cream. It should not be applied to ringworm. Ringworm is a fungal infection and can be easily treated with an over-the-counter antifungal or drying powder, lotion, or cream. Those that contain miconazole, clotrimazole, or similar ingredients are often effective.
Talk with your pharmacist for more advice.

Ringworm (tinea) is a fungal infection and would be best treated by an antifungal cream. You can find antifungal creams that treat tinea, athlete's foot, and jock itch over the counter in most drug stores, in the foot treatment section and the anti jock itch section. It will take several weeks to clear it up. Make sure you wash your hands after treating the affected area.