Can depression cause hallucinations?

yep, not very often but it sure can. so can anxiety bi-polar (mania and depression phases) scizophrenia, OCD to me seems to cause hallucinations but i dont know for sure and any mental disorder really

As stated before: Yes, it can happen. Now my mother had hallucinations and we found out that her electrolytes were way off. So what I am saying have your blood chemistry checked too. When you are depressed you do not eat properly your blood chemistry will go way off.

Psychmajor 27 Feb 2010

yeah vitamin B deficiancy can do this too (and have symptoms exactly like depression). so definatly get blood work did (yes did)