Can cialis 5mg be taken as needed or does it have to be taken once a day regardless?

The recommended starting dose for treating erectile dysfunction is Cialis 10 mg, taken one hour prior to sexual activity. However, one may take the medication anywhere from 1 hour to 36 hours before sexual activity. Depending on how well it works and whether one experience any side effects, your healthcare provider may increase or decrease your Cialis dosage. The maximum dose is 20 mg.

Alternatively, Cialis can be taken on a daily basis (every single day, whether you plan sexual activity or not). For this use, the recommended dose is Cialis 2.5 mg once daily, taken at the same time each day (it does not matter when you plan to have sexual activity if you take Cialis this way). If the 2.5-mg daily dosage does not seem to be working well enough, your healthcare provider may increase the Cialis dose to 5 mg every day.

newtimer 6 Jul 2010

This unfortunately did not answer my question. I know that it may be taken every day whether you plan on sexual activity or not. My question is may it be taken just as needed before sexual activity like the 10mg. if you are using the 5mg. capsule? I don't want to take it every day as it is too expensive. I want to take it only when planning sexual activity.

Rajive Goel 7 Jul 2010

Please read " The recommended starting dose for treating erectile dysfunction is Cialis 10 mg, taken one hour prior to sexual activity." Which was the first line of my answer, sorry for not having explained.