Can benicar hct cause weightgain?

Anonymous

No it does not cause weight gain.-

Take care.-

amhartis 28 Oct 2010

i would like to meet people on Benicar to see how are they doing! I have the same concern about weight gain

nku 22 Feb 2011

Dealing with the loss of my husband and legal issues with his family I was getting low on my benicar prescription - started cutting them in half and then every other day or so to wean myself. I was off the drug for for about 9 months and subsequently lost 20 pounds. About 2 months ago I started getting headaches frequently and checked my bloodpressure (which was elevated) so I decided that maybe I should resume taking the benicar. As soon as I started taking the drug again my weight started to creap up about a pound each week. There were no other changes in my life... eating the same... exercising the same... the only difference was the drug. I am fixing to wean myself off of it again just to see if the weight comes off again.