Can bactroban be used for a spider bite?

I would say yeah, it probably could be since it is an antibiotic ointment. If the bite doesn't seem to be getting better after using it for a few days or swells, sore or feels warm to the touch, I would contact the doctor.

caringsonbj 23 Feb 2011

be sure this is not outdated, if this does not improve soon contact the doctor, the only reason I know about bactroban I had to use it for an extended period of time, it says clearly on the tube patients not seeing improvement in 3 to 5 days should consult a doctor. for dermatological use only

Anonymous

Please watch for signs of infection and fever and get to a doctor very quickly if you develop any. Spider bites can be really serious and you may need antibiotics and/or steroid pack to heal.