Can bactrim and keflex be taken together?

Anonymous

Interactions between your selected drugs

No results found - however, this does not necessarily mean no interactions exist. ALWAYS consult with your doctor or pharmacist.

Other drugs that your selected drugs interact with

Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole/trimethoprim) interacts with more than 200 other drugs.
Keflex (cephalexin) interacts with more than 10 other drugs.

Interactions between your selected drugs and food

http://www.drugs.com/interactions-check.php?drug_list=2128-1386,564-285

Take care.-

drugs such as Bactrim and Cipro and drugs such other antibiotics can be taken together, sometimes one won't kill the same bacteria and so therefore it takes another kind so usually (with a few exceptions) this can be done safely,

I was recently diagnosed with Cellulitis and given Keflex and Bactrim and told by the E.R. nurse to take them together, however, she was wrong. They cancelled each other out and made me sick as hell. I didn't start getting better until I took them 1/2 hour to an hour apart. Another nurse corrected me on that and said that those 2 drugs should never be taken at the exact same time. I'm glad I found out otherwise my cellulitis might not be getting better at all. I should have asked the pharmacist instead of trusting the E.R. nurse. Hope this helps.