Can augmentin be used to treat a urinary tract infection (UTI) ?

My first question would be , did your doctor prescibe them? Second , Augmentin is used as a last resort, in most cases for severe infections. I would suggest , Pennicillin..

Yes it can be used for UTI.-

More information:

Take care.-

caringsonbj 20 Apr 2011

sometimes it is best to go and have a Urine culture and sensitivity done at the Laboratory, this tells exactly what type of bacteria you have as well as which drug is likely the best drug to kill the infection. Best wishes~

Yes it can help, it is an antibiotic, some people immune systems are just way too built up now a days. People really only used Antibiotics when it was something serious, so if it isn't working, that may be the cause, but I am pretty sure the DR gives you some sort ofe Culture, to see what kind of infection you have, and maybe some other Antibiotic thats stronger can help. Esp if they find out what is causing it.
Good Luck.