Can anyone share experiences with drinking alcoholic beverages and taking Metformin and Glyberide?

Taking metformin increases your chance of developing a life-threatening condition called lactic acidosis. Drinking large amounts of alcohol also increases your risk for lactic acidosis, and combining metformin and large amounts of alcohol can be dangerous (due to the risk of lactic acidosis). As a result, drinking large amounts of alcohol (either on a daily basis or as "binge drinking") is not recommended while taking metformin.

Small amounts of alcohol should not be a problem for most people taking metformin. However, because other medical conditions may also increase your risk of lactic acidosis (including kidney or liver problems), there may be some situations where avoiding alcohol entirely might be a good idea.

Take care, I did it years ago, now have quit totally, do not even take a drop of alcohol, I am on anti-diabetic meds.