19 Jul 2010
This what has been reported in case of Adderal:
Adderall (amphetamine and dextroamphetamine) is a prescription medication used to treat ADHD and narcolepsy. A long-acting version (Adderall XR) is also available for the treatment of ADHD. As with any medicines, Adderall has possible side effects. Some reported sexual side effects of Adderall include:
* Decreased sex drive (libido).
* Impotence. Impotence is usually defined as a total inability to achieve an erection, an inconsistent ability to do so, or a tendency to sustain only brief erections. Ultimately, impotence is the repeated inability to get or keep an erection firm enough for sexual intercourse. Impotence is also known as erectile dysfunction (or ED for short).
Based on data from clinical studies, these sexual side effects have been reported infrequently.
Adderall Sexual Side Effects: Suggestions
It is impossible for your healthcare provider to know whether you will develop any sexual side effects while taking Adderall. Because sexual side effects of Adderall occur so infrequently, it is difficult to know whether these problems are caused by another condition, Adderall itself, or a combination of both.
It is recommended to seek more accurate & professional advice from a doc/pharmacist who prescribed the med., hope the info helps?
- Adderall XR Information for Consumers
- Adderall XR Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Adderall XR (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
... suggestion on Adderal
1 answer • 4 Sep 2009
Does it increase the libido?
1 answer • 19 Jan 2013
I would like to increase my sexual satisfaction with my partner. Is that possible with the Estring?
0 answers • 6 Jan 2015