Can a vegetarian take protonix?

Anonymous

I do not see why not , but you should not take any protonix medication if you are allergic to protonix or any component of protonix or pantoprazole.

Protonix is used to treat gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), erosive esophagitis, and pathological hypersecretory diseases. Belonging to class of drugs known as proton pump inhibitors (PPIs), the medication reduces the amount of acid in your stomach by blocking acid production sites. Common side effects associated with Protonix may include headache, diarrhea, nausea, and abdominal pain.

In general, acid suppressing medications may interfere with the absorption of vitamin B-12, which means that there is a slight risk of developing a B-12 deficiency. Discuss this with your Doctor if you have concerns.

It does not say anything about vegeterians not taking it, but before you do take it ask your doctor or pharmacist.-

All the best and take care.-