can a 11 week pregnant woman take amoxicillin?

This is what the FDA recommends about Amoxicillin in pregnancy:

Teratogenic Effects
Pregnancy Category B. Reproduction studies have been performed in mice and rats at doses up to 10 times the human dose and have revealed no evidence of impaired fertility or harm to the fetus due to Amoxicillin. There are, however, no adequate and well-controlled studies in pregnant women. Because animal reproduction studies are not always predictive of human response, this drug should be used during pregnancy only if clearly needed.

The last sentence is the most important ie. Amoxicillin should only be used during pregnancy if it is clearly needed!

For more information visit: