I have a brown pill round with 40 on one side and op on other does anyone know what it might be?

Anonymous

Generic Name: oxycodone

Pill imprint OP 40 has been identified as Oxycontin 40 mg.

OxyContin is used in the treatment of pain and belongs to the drug class narcotic analgesics. FDA has not classified the drug for risk during pregnancy.

OxyContin 40 mg has a high potential for abuse. The drug has a currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States or a currently accepted medical use with severe restrictions. Abuse of the drug may lead to severe psychological or physical dependence.

pill image:

http://www.drugs.com/imprints/op-40-16159.html

All the best,

maso.-