I have been on 90 mgs of Methadone 3 times per day. None of the breakthrough meds are working for me that I've tried: Morphine 30 mg, Oxycodone 10mg, Neurontin, Tramadol, etc...

When I was taking morphine sulfate extended release 100 mg 3 times per day the above breakthrough meds helped with the breakthrough pain. Why is it they don't touch my breakthrough pain now that I've been taking methadone for the last 2 years?

Any recommendations on what I should mention to my Pain Management Dr? My Dr. is about at his whits end in frustration that we have not found a good combination. I feel very blessed, though that he is continuing to help me through this.

The reason for the pain meds: Failed double fusion back surgery 6 years ago, 3 years ago I was diagnosed with a labral tear in my left hip, which is not repairable. The labrum does not heal or regenerate. The only way to fix it is to cut into the inside of my hip and sew the labrum back together (film wrapped around my hip socket)

Does anyone have any recommendations? I was wanting to ask my Dr. if there are any kinds of tests they can do on my body to see why my tollerance is so high with pain meds & to figure out what will help.

Thank you and many Blessings for your advise / experience regarding this matter.

~Shawna