What is best for nervous stomach, butterflies, before golf tournament?

Hi lehhnsly,
This sounds like a case of pre-tournament jitters or just plain old nervousness.
Perhaps you could use a Valium before your golf tourney? Although it may affect your game, not sure about that part. Perhaps a different benzodiazepine like Ativan would be better as it wouldn't affect your game, or relax your body like Valium would.
Best wishes and a hole-in-one for you!

lehhnsly 6 Jun 2013

Why does alcohol stop the nausea? It is a shame, but it stops it immediately.

mhelcl 6 Jun 2013

I suggest that any type of beta blocker may be better to try first as it will not impare your judgement but will takeaway the nervousnes. It is also non addictive and uses in sports that require steady hands under pressure.