Benicar HCT - is this a statin type medication?

No, Benicar HCT (olmesartan and hydrochlorothiazide) has two medicines used for reducing blood pressure.

Hydrochlorothiazide is a thiazide diuretic (water pill) that helps prevent your body from absorbing too much salt, which can cause fluid retention.

Olmesartan is in a group of drugs called angiotensin II receptor antagonists. Olmesartan keeps blood vessels from narrowing, which lowers blood pressure and improves blood flow.

The combination of olmesartan and hydrochlorothiazide is used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension).

http://www.drugs.com/mtm/benicar-hct.html

Statins are used to reduce cholesterol.