Does benadryl cause you to be positive for a drug test?

Anonymous

You might be confusing antihistamines with ephedrine based drugs, or maybe just don't know and would like to. No. Benadryl neither shows as a positive on drug tests 1, 5 and 7-10 (panel... as in, the areas of drugs they test for) nor an inconclusive result on the 7-10s (1 and 5 wouldn't even get near histamine blockers in its sought out chemicals).

If you ask because you came up positive for something and benadryl is all you have taken, perhaps more information would help solve your confusion as to the positive, but again, the answer to the asked question is no.

Anonymous

Shady is correct. I have had clients through the years that tested positive from their nasal sprays (decongestants etc.) though. I had to swear to the psychiatrists on the client's behalf that there was no way that these folks took street drugs. It was confirmed on later tests. Hope that helped alittle. Maybe you took something like that? mindy