Is Baclofen a better muscle relaxer than what Valium is?

Hi, baclofen is just used as a muscle relaxer and Valium is mostly for anxiety but it can be used for muscle spasms. But if your looking for just a muscle relaxer then baclofen would be better. The only way to know for sure is talk to your doc as he or she will know what's best, feel better and hope this helps

MacIntosh12 17 Aug 2012

Kelly, you took the words out of my mouth!

MacIntosh12 17 Aug 2012

maso is right, valium is a controlled substance.

Anonymous

I agree with Kelly, but I would like to add that baclofen is not a controlled medication, now valium belongs to the family of benzodiazepines, which are addicting, and valium (diazepam ) is a controlled substance.

Take care,

maso.-