Atopic Dermatitis - will betamethasone Dipropionate help the relief of poison ivy?

See http://www.drugs.com/enc/poison-ivy-oak-sumac-rash.html for information on Poison Ivy rash and treatments.
Betamethasone is a strong steroid cream and should only be used on the advice of your doctor. It may help with the inflammation and itch.

Maybe temporarily, but the oil of the plant, which you're reacting to, will still be there. You need to wash that oil off with stuff made just for it, like Technu or whatever that camping stuff is. Also don't use Betamethasone on your face or you will end up thinning your skin too much. Actually recommended to NOT use betamethasone in the same spot for too long bc thinning is what it does.