I have been taking prednizone on and off for the past 7 months or so Because of my atopic dermatitis. While taking the drug, I find that the itching and redness goes away but almost as soon as I am tapering it off, redness and itchiness are back with a vengeance.
The latest prescription was for 17 tablets. Twice a day for the 1st 5 days, 1.5 tablets for 2 days, 1 tab for 2 days, .5 tab for 2 days then finally, 1/4 tab for 2 days. Went back to the doctor because itching and redness resumed while i was on the 1/4 tab, she extended it for another 5 tabs. 1/2 tab twice a day for 3 days, 1/2 tab for 2 days, then 1/4 tab for another 2 days. Wasn't able to finish until the the 1/4 tab, i went only as far as the 1/2 tab then all allergies are back, bad as ever.

HELP someone please..don't know what to do with my allergies anymore at the sMe time don't want to take steroids again. Ironically, i just read that itching and swellness are part of the side effects of taking prednisone. Could my allergies be a part of the side effects of taking pred? Help...