Are there generics for Abilify - since it is so expensive?

Hey mamb1,

Unfortunately, there is no generic for Abilify yet. The earliest date that a generic Abilify drug could become available is April 2015, when the patent for Abilify expires. Until there is an approved generic version of the medication, you should not purchase any products sold as "generic Abilify." These drugs may be fake, substandard, and potentially dangerous.

You could contact the manufacturer, Otsuka America Pharmaceutical, Inc. and Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, and see if they can help you with the cost of this medication through a patient assistance program. The number is
1-800-736-0003.

Hope this helps,

Laurie