Are klonopin the same as valium?

Klonopin (clonazepam) is a prescription medication approved to treat the following conditions:

Epileptic seizures, particularly the following types of seizures: Seizures associated with Lennox-Gastaut syndrome (a severe form of epilepsy); Akinetic seizures (also known as atonic seizures), which are characterized by a sudden loss of muscle tone, causing "drop attacks"; Myoclonic seizures, which are characterized by sudden, brief muscle jerks; Absence seizures, which are characterized by brief periods of decreased awareness or "spacing out." Panic disorder.

Valium (diazepam) is a prescription medication that is used to treat the following conditions: Anxiety; Alcohol withdrawal; Muscle spasms; Seizures (when used along with other seizure medications).

Both meds are prescribed for different conditions/ailments, however for more info do talk to the doc/pharmacist who may heave prescribed the meds.

Take care, bets wishes!