Is anyone taking trokendi xr for migraine prevention?

I know this is a little late to repsond, but I just recently began taking trokendi xr 50 mg at night. I am on day 5 and today I am having my first zero h/a day which is fairly rare for me as I have chronic migraine and have very few migraine free days. I hope it is going well for you. I know a few other taking it for chronic migraine that are doing really well and have not had any side effects compared to the immediate release version.

Arbara 13 Aug 2014

Thanks for your post. Glad to hear you are headache free. The pain can really wear you out. I had to stop the Trokendi XR after 5 weeks because I lost my appetite (first time in my life this EVER happened), was dropping weight quickly, and was also battling constipation problems. I was pretty miserable and had to stop taking the medication. I have always had weird reactions to meds so I guess I'm just wired differently. I'm back to my prior meds (Bupap and Frova) when I get my headaches. I wish you the best.

reply2ida 12 Jun 2015

I have been taking trokendi xr 50mg in alternate days now for my epilepsy. I'm switching from clonaz to trokendi. However I already have dizziness, nausea, loss of appetite, weird eye movement etc. I don't know what else I'm having internally :( What did you guys switched to?