Is anyone taking trokendi xr for migraine prevention?

9 days ago

I know this is a little late to repsond, but I just recently began taking trokendi xr 50 mg at night. I am on day 5 and today I am having my first zero h/a day which is fairly rare for me as I have chronic migraine and have very few migraine free days. I hope it is going well for you. I know a few other taking it for chronic migraine that are doing really well and have not had any side effects compared to the immediate release version.

Arbara 9 days ago

Thanks for your post. Glad to hear you are headache free. The pain can really wear you out. I had to stop the Trokendi XR after 5 weeks because I lost my appetite (first time in my life this EVER happened), was dropping weight quickly, and was also battling constipation problems. I was pretty miserable and had to stop taking the medication. I have always had weird reactions to meds so I guess I'm just wired differently. I'm back to my prior meds (Bupap and Frova) when I get my headaches. I wish you the best.