Anyone here on Talacen? An old narcotic, but wanted to know if anyone else has tried?

This drug is also know as Talwin. It is a partial agonist opiate pain killer. If anyone is addicted to opiates then Talwin is a good drug to stay away from as it will throw you into precipatated withdrawals. Other then that it's a OK pain killer for mild to moderate pain... Dave

chronicpainhurts 16 Feb 2010

thanks mpvt, I have been on it for a while, and never heard of it before dr put me on it. I understand the withdrawal part well, as was on vicodin before that, but dr said would be better than vicodin..hum.. thanks again for the info :)

mpvt 16 Feb 2010

Here's some more info on this drug.
Pentazocine (Talacen) is an analgesic with agonist/antagonist action which when administered orally is approximately equivalent on a mg for mg basis in analgesic effect to codeine.