Any substitute for januvia?

Januvia (sitagliptin) is a prescription medication used for the treatment of type 2 diabetes. The drug is part of a class of diabetes medication called dipeptidyl peptidase inhibitors. Currently, Januvia is the only dipeptidyl peptidase inhibitor available.

However there are many drugs available to treat type 2 diabetes, but it is highly recommended not to change the prescription with consulting a doctor/specialist, hope this helps?

mtmk 7 Jun 2010

Thanks a lot for the explanation. It helps and will consult my doctor.
Have a nice day.

Rajive Goel 7 Jun 2010

Most welcome, & get well soon.

mtmk 8 Jun 2010

Thanks for well wishes.
Meanwhile, please advise whether can one experiences severe allergic reactions after being on the medicine for almost half a year?
Reactions as in rash hives, chills and fever.
Even though from the same manufacturer, can different production lots differ in the ingredients that can cause allergic reaction?