Any substitute for januvia?

Januvia (sitagliptin) is a prescription medication used for the treatment of type 2 diabetes. The drug is part of a class of diabetes medication called dipeptidyl peptidase inhibitors. Currently, Januvia is the only dipeptidyl peptidase inhibitor available.

However there are many drugs available to treat type 2 diabetes, but it is highly recommended not to change the prescription with consulting a doctor/specialist, hope this helps?

mtmk 7 Jun 2010

Thanks a lot for the explanation. It helps and will consult my doctor.
Have a nice day.

Rajive Goel 7 Jun 2010

Most welcome, & get well soon.