Any serious side effect of using ketoconazole as topical route via using cream/solution/spray?

Side effects of ketoconazole topical

Less serious side effects include:
* mild skin itching or irritation;
* dry skin; or
* headache.

Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat. Stop using ketoconazole topical and call your doctor if you have any of these serious side effects:
* severe itching, burning, or irritation where the medicine is applied;
* oily or dry scalp, mild hair loss;
* redness, pain, or oozing of treated skin areas; or
* eye redness, swelling, or irritation.

This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Tell your doctor about any unusual or bothersome side effect. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information see http://www.drugs.com/mtm/ketoconazole-topical.html