16 Sep 2009
Side effects of ketoconazole topical
Less serious side effects include:
* mild skin itching or irritation;
* dry skin; or
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat. Stop using ketoconazole topical and call your doctor if you have any of these serious side effects:
* severe itching, burning, or irritation where the medicine is applied;
* oily or dry scalp, mild hair loss;
* redness, pain, or oozing of treated skin areas; or
* eye redness, swelling, or irritation.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Tell your doctor about any unusual or bothersome side effect. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
For more information see http://www.drugs.com/mtm/ketoconazole-topical.html
- Ketoconazole Information for Consumers
- Ketoconazole Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Ketoconazole (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
hi can you tell me if i can use this on my 4 months old son.
1 answer • 13 Oct 2009
My daughter was diagnoised with the pityarisis litchenditis. She has been using topical fluorouracil for a year now to treat planters warts. I was ...
1 answer • 17 Sep 2013
Our area is having a major flea infestation and our cats are indoor/outdoor cats. We did apply a topical over 3 weeks ago on the cats, I vacuumed and ...
1 answer • 27 Sep 2014
Reading the reviews, it sounds like most had the nail laquer brush on type. I was prescribed the topical suspension cream 0 .77% that I have to shake ...
0 answers • 14 Feb 2015