Any advice on how to tell my doctor to prescribe me ultram. It worked really good for my anxiety?

Ultram (tramadol) is a narcotic- like pain reliever for moderate to severe pain. My hunch is your doctor won't prescribe it unless you are experiencing serious pain. There are other medications such as certain antidepressants or benzodiazapenes that are more appropriate for anxiety. Your doctor is the one to advise you on what is right for you and your particular situation.

Good luck Nicole and hope this helped,

Laurie

christineATU 2 Feb 2011

Very good advice, Laurie!

LaurieShay 2 Feb 2011

Thanks Christine. :)

Laurie is right Ultram is saved for when a narcotic is needed for pain and since this is not for anxiety he will probably not there are many medications either a drug which is used for depresson (SSRI'S) or Benzodiapines such as Valium, ativan, klonopin, or xanax, or even possibly a drug called buspar

hope this is of some help