What is the antidote for an overdose of lorazepam?

The treatment for an Lorazepam overdose will vary. If the Lorazepam overdose was recent, the doc may give certain medicines or place a tube into the stomach to "pump the stomach." Once Lorazepam has been absorbed into the body, dialysis may be useful for removing Lorazepam from the blood.

Flumazenil (Romazicon®), an antidote for benzodiazepine overdose, may also be helpful. Treatment also involves supportive care, which consists of treating the symptoms that occur as a result of the overdose. For example, supportive treatment options may include: Fluids through an intravenous line (IV); Other treatments based on complications that occur.

It is important that you seek medical attention immediately if you believe that you may have overdosed on Lorazepam.

Please take care, best wishes!