Amphetamine/Dextroamphetamine - will this drug keep you awake?

Yes :(sorry I hope this is not what you're looking for. Try coffee. No side effects. No psychotic behaviors etc...

Yes; amphetamine stimulates the CNS so you would be more alert and awake and focused. And less drowsy and fatigued. But caffeine would probably do better if you just need to stay up longer. There are some possibly side effects with amphetamine and it is easy to fall into dependency on the drug. Have some Pepsi-max or an energy drink, that would probably suit you better.

-Thomas

It does not keep me awake unless I take within 15 minutes of feeling a sleep attack coming on then it will stop the attack. If I take it later then the first 15 minutes, I still end up going to sleep no matter how hard I try to stay awake. I only take .5 mg which my doctor says is a low dose. I have take 10 mg tablet and 10 mg time released capsule with same results. I must have it or I can not function. If I take at 6 pm, I still end up asleep at 7,8,or 9. We don't know why it works this way on me. However, if I take it at 1:00 or thereabouts (some days my attack happens at 11 am, noon, 1 or 1:30 PM) as it is first coming on, then I can be up and active (able to think) until 10 pm or so. I've been taking it for at least 7 years and I have seen no side affects and no addiction, no withdrawals. I'm 70 now.