Amoxicillin - can u still take them even if they have expired?

Anonymous

Yes you can but as to how effective the Amoxicillin will do its job is debateable. Regards pledge

It is best to see the dr and get what he prescribes. How do you know you have a bacterial infection? How do you know if amoxicillin is the appropriate antibiotic for it? With Amoxicillin taking expired ones would just mean they might not work, other antibiotics, like the tetracyclines can actually cause kidney damage if they are old. Also, if you have amoxicillin at home it means 2 things, you didn't take all of them like you should have when they were first prescribed, and you don't have enough to do a full course of meds now. Both can lead to resistant strains of bacteria.