Does amitriptyline help with fibromyalgia?

Amitriptyline has been used for a very long time for nerve pain. It does help a lot of fibro patients.
One of the main things that helps fibro patients is exercise. You should be out walking at least twice a day. Also eat a well balanced diet and stay away from junk food. Good luck... Dave

sadieNleroy 7 Aug 2009

I have taken amitriptyline in the past. This drug does do wonders for you. My only complaint about it is that you will eat anything ,and everything when you take this drug. It makes you sleep like a baby. But I ended up gaining 30 pounds when I took it, and that was years ago.

LIR 8 Aug 2009

i have taken up cycling and walking. I heard that devils claw is very good for inflammation. Have you tried this by any chance. I am only 42 and feel like an old woman. Thanks for your comment. Fionnuala.

14 days ago

My anwser to your question is a definite YES. I have been living with Fibromyalgia for over a decade and one of the side affects is sleep issues, well with me it is. Amitriptyline is the only med that gets me to the realm level of sleep that otherwise I would not have, with the added benefit of decreased pain at night as well, which also helps with a better night's sleep. My doctor has tried different meds throughout the years at various times for my sleep issue and we always go back to Amytriptyline. I hope this helps you with your concern.