Alcohol effects with seroquel?

Anonymous

The only way to avoid effects is to not drink alcohol with your medication its never a good idea to drink alcohol while taking medication. So no alcohol equals no side effects.

As advised by Mrs. Page please avoid alcohol with Seroquel, however this has been reported:

"Drinking alcohol may increase your risk of certain side effects of Seroquel, such as drowsiness or low blood pressure (when sitting or standing up). One may also be more sensitive to the effects of alcohol if one has been taking the drug. Also, one may not be able to safely drink as much alcohol as one is used to drinking in the past. Seroquel is approved to treat schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. It is typically best for people with these mental illnesses to avoid alcohol, as it may worsen mental illness and is often a form of "self-medication."

Hello tiffany481. As previously mentioned, not a good idea. But, I'll add that if you do mix the two, you'll be feeling fairly sedated. Your cognitive and motor skills will be impaired. Best of wishes and good health,pledge