I have the mirena. I have had it for 5 years now and am due to get it removed soon. I had one mirena previously for 2 months before it became dislodged and I had it replaced. I've gained about 40-50lbs in the 5 years I have had it. I have also had hair loss issues and hair being places it shouldn't be. I'm always tired, though I have a hard time sleeping. I rarely ever get my period now. I used to have severe depression issues but I no longer have those issues. I also have a rare bleeding disorder.

I'm supposed to get it removed soon and I'm looking forward to having periods on a regular basis again, but I'm worried. How long until the weight goes back to normal(I eat roughly 1200 calories a day plus exercise and I maintain my weight)? How long does it take to get through the rough patch of hormonal ups and downs? Should be bleeding issue be a worry with getting this taken out?