Adipex-P - What does phentermine show up as on a drug test.Does it make u fail it?

Anonymous

Adipex-P contains phentermine, which is a stimulant that is similar to an amphetamine.

Read more at http://www.drugs.com/mtm/adipex-p.html

Phentermine - can cause false positives for Amphetamines Or Ecstasy (MDMA)

Take care,

masso.-

It does cause you to fail a drug screen. It shows up as an amphetimine. My dr said it is considered a false-positive. If you have a prescribing dr for the adipex they will typically give you a letter to give to your employer, or whomever may be ordering the drug test. Then u will not suffer any negative consequences for the failed drug test. If u are getting it from somewhere other than a doctors office, good luck.

Jade2014 26 Aug 2014

All u can do is request a retest and stop taking phentermine and you should pass with no problem.

I work for a staffing agency and give drug screens daily. We use a 10 panel oral swabs that sit in your mouth for six to eight minutes. I personally take adipex so I'm familiar with the drug and assumed it would cause people to fall. However I've never seen it show up. I've had a large number of people say they take it and pass with not a single issue. I'm not sure if said people took their prescription as they're supposed to do they could be a factor.